Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting Ready for Summer

With our weather now, it may seem like summer is a long way off.  I stopped at a second hand store near my house on the way home this afternoon and ended up finding 5 pairs of Studio Works capris.  They still had the original price tags ($28) and were marked $2.99 each.  On the way into the store I saw a sign that the white tags were half off.  So each pair of capris were $1.50.  So I ended up getting $150 of pants for $8.01.  I got 2 khaki, 2 black and 1 blue pair of capris.

This is one example of not knowing what you will find when shopping at thrift stores.  It is not as much of a guarantee of finding specific items as shopping at other stores, but in many cases you can find a deal on brand new or almost brand new items.

No comments:

Post a Comment