Sunday, January 22, 2012

Shopping Your Closets

We are finally beginning to get winter weather. If you are getting tired of your wardrobe, there are some ways to make some changes without spending a lot of money. One idea is to shop your own closet. Look at your closet and drawers and see if there are items in the back of them that you may have forgotten about. Also, sometimes I get in a rut and wear the same pieces together. Look at your items and see if you could pair a shirt or sweater with a different pair of pants or skirt than you usually wear it with. Also, by changing your accessories can change the look of an outfit. One idea I have heard of is to hang all of your clothes with the hanger backwards and when you wear an item, hang it up the right way. After a certain amount of time like 6 months or a year consider getting rid of items you have not worn. Some exceptions are special occasion items.

If you find you need new items consider looking at clearance racks and resale stores. Some of the items I find at resale stores still have the original tags on them. Other items may be used but many people can’t tell unless I tell them. I figure the less money I spend, I can update my wardrobe more often. Or I can have money to spend on some other part of my budget.

Saturday, January 28, Clothes Mentor Fargo is having their semi-annual $1 Sale. All Clearance items are $1. The sale is Saturday only and doors open at 10 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment