Monday, March 11, 2013

Chicken Stock in the Crockpot

Today I redeemed the certificate for the Sam's Club membership through Living Social last week.  The coupon for the pizza was valid.  The coupons for the chicken and cookies is not valid until March 20.  Just a notice for those of you that purchased the deal.

I did buy a rotisserie chicken today.  I had some for supper, made a sandwich for lunch tomorrow and will use the rest in other meals. 

After I removed all of the chicken from the bones, I decided to make chicken stock in the crockpot.  I put the bones in the crockpot and covered with water.  I added a little minced garlic.  Some recipes call for carrots, celery, onions and spices.  I have done it before with just the bones and meat on the bones.  Cook on low for about 8-10 hours. 

When it is done cooking strain to remove the bones and pieces of meat.  Cool and freeze in containers or freeer bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment