Saturday, June 11, 2011

Easy Way to Entertain

I have had family visiting from out of town the last few days. With things going on and me working during the day, I decided to use the crockpot to make meals. This way it was ready when I got home and was ready whenever others were ready to eat. The first day I put chicken breasts in the crockpot with cheddar cheese soup, cream of chicken soup and a can of water mixed together. The second day I put a roast, potatoes and carrots with onion soup mix and water. The third day I had porcupine meatballs and ended up putting spaghetti sauce on it when I got home for spaghetti and meatballs.

Besides making the three meals there was left over chicken that was made into chicken salad for lunch a couple of days.

Using a crockpot is an easy way to cook, since you can put things in it in the morning and it can cook all day and be ready when you get home. If it is on low, most things can sit for awhile so it works good if you are not sure when you are going to eat or if you eat in shifts it can be kept warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment