Sunday, June 17, 2012

How to be Richer, Smarter and Better-looking than your Parents


Previously I wrote a post about the book Debt Free U by Zac Bissonnette about how to save money on college expenses. He now has written another book, How to be Richer, Smarter and Better-Looking than your Parents.


The book contains useful information for people entering the workforce and for others. Some of the topics covered include investing, saving, job interviews and buying a car. Many people think car payments are just a way of life, he discusses how it is possible to purchase a car for cash. The typical car payment on a new car is $479, if you save that amount for a few months and can purchase a inexpensive car and continue saving that amount each month, you can in time move up to a better car. Personally, I have purchased my last two cars for cash. When I was considering purchasing my last car, I told the salesperson I would sleep on it overnight. She asked about starting the paperwork for financing. She was surprised when I told her I would not need to borrow money to purchase it.

He also discusses financial freedom, being able to live life the way you choose. With all of the advertising today it may be difficult not to give into the temptation of thinking that buy purchasing certain things, your life will be better. It doesn’t mean you cannot buy things, but it is better to save up until you can afford to buy them. I have heard people say that young people are purchasing cars, homes and other things that it took their parents 30 years to afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment