Saturday, June 16, 2012

Storybooks about Saving

I feel it is important to start teaching kids about saving and spending when they are young. I saw a recent post on Money Saving Mom about the storybook, A Chair for My Mother, by Vera B. Williams. Vera Williams has written several storybooks and I found three that are about saving money for things you want to buy.




A Chair for Mother is about a young girl, her mother and grandmother who lost their home to a fire. They received many things they needed from others but wanted to buy a chair. Her mother brought home a large jar and each day they put extra money they had into the jar until they were able to buy a comfy chair for their new home.



A Chair for Always and Music Music for Everyone are also stories about the importance of saving for things that you want to buy.



A Chair for my Mother was on a list I saw on line of 50 books your child should read before starting kindergarten.



You can check your local library to see if they have the books. I found the books at the Fargo Public Library. I also requested a couple of them from Paperback swap since I had credits available to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment