Friday, February 5, 2010

Unexpected Opportunities

This week I became a costume designer because of my friend, Meghann. I am participating in a group where we work each day to achieve our goals and priorities in life. One of my priorities was to spend more time doing hobbies, crafts. Since I bought my house 6 years ago I haven't made much time for the craft projects I used to do.

The other day Meghann sent out a request for sewing help. I knew she is planning a fundraising event at her business next week, so I thought it might be hemming or simple sewing project. When I replied she said they wanted a costume (preferably 2) shaped like a puzzle piece. First I was going to decline but then I decided to try to do it.

So I started thinking about it and that night I taped a few pages of newspaper together and started drawing out a pattern. The past two nights I have been working on it and am almost done with both costumes.

Then yesterday she sent an email saying that she wanted to hire me to make a costume for her business. (a coffee cup)

This is something I never would have thought of but I am having a great time trying to figure out how to make these patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment