Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Trip to Sam's Club

This weekend, Friday - Sunday Sam's Club is having their free weekend, where non-members can get the same prices as members.

If you are a non-member you will need to go to the service desk and show your drivers license.  You will get a card with a temporary number to use that day when you check out.
I have been doing more baking lately and have seen on several blogs about yeast being considerably cheaper there than grocery stores.

I went to Sam's yesterday and got 4 POUNDS of yeast for the same price as a 4 OUNCE jar at the grocery store.  That's a savings of about $120 instead of buying the same amount in jars.
I also picked up a couple of other things spending about $30.  Although you may be tempted to buy things you may not necessarily need because it seems like a good price, you need to keep an eye on how much you are spending.

One time my brother in law was wondering why I don't have a Sam's membership.  I said living alone I don't usually need the large quantities like they sell there and many things I can get for less watching sales at the grocery stores.

So I better get baking to start using my yeast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment