Sunday, February 15, 2009

Walgreens and CVS Deals

One of the ways I get some of the things I need for free or almost free is the drugstores. Walgreens and Rite Aid have montly rebate programs. We do not have a Rite Aid in our area so I will not post about that one. CVS has a program called Extra Care Bucks. You sign up for their ECB card and you get discounts on certain sale items. Also, each month they have products that you get ECB (Extra Care Bucks) back on certain items. Alot of the time, the ECB value will be the same as the sale price. The ECB is a coupon that prints out for a certain value and you can use it on a future purchase. So after you use the ECB, you are essentially get the product you originally bought for free. Today, I bought Colgate toothpaste that was on sale for $2.99 and I also had a $1 coupon. So I got a $2.99 ECB to use in the future and basically profitted $1. The ECBs are valid for a month after purchase. Walgreens has a rebate catalog for each month that has items you can send in for a rebate (either the full purchase price or a portion) it also has coupons on other items for the month. Last week I purchased $40 of items that I will end up getting for free. Items that have rebates this month are Garnier Fructis hair care products, Revlon lip gloss and Revlon foundation. I know not everyone has time to do these things, but if you do its a great way to make your money go further. The Walgreens rebates can be completed online or mailed in. If I get items I can't use, I usually donate them to the Women's shelter or food bank, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment