Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Value of The Library

If you're looking to save money on entertainment, look no further than your local library. When you think about libraries, most people think about books. I check out all kinds of books from my library - how-to, personal finance, fiction, cooking, children's books - you name it. Any time I hear about a book that sounds interesting, I always check my library first. Most libraries in the country have inter-library loan systems, so if they don't have the book you want, they can get it. Not only am I saving money by not buying books, but sometimes I learn things from them that allow me to save more money. It is also great for books you will only read once or you can read the book and decide if it is worth purchasing. The library also has videos, DVD's, CD's, and magazines. There are book clubs, interesting speakers, and stimulating children's programs. It's also a great place to access the internet if you don't have access at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment