Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Results of Saving

About 6 years ago, my goal was to purchase my first home and pay cash for a car. Almost 6 years ago I was able to buy my house. About 9 months later I was able to pay cash for a car. This last week, I was able to purchase another car with cash.

The sales lady was surprised when I told her I didn't have to finance it. This isn't to brag, but to show it is possible if you watch your expenses.

I talk alot about how to save money, etc. I do this so I am able to spend money on things I really want. I have been able to travel quite abit the last few years, etc.

I was talking to someone about this last week and she asked if I was able to enjoy my money, or if I just sat home saving it. I am able to enjoy it by traveling, etc.

Some people feel it is easier for me to save money since I don't have kids,etc. Which is partly true, but tere are others that don't have kids and don't have money saved either.

I feel if you watch what you spend your money on and see how far it can go. One of the sayings is "It's not How Much you make, it's how much you spend!". People that make more money, usually keep upgrading their lives, so they don't end up saving any more than some one that makes less.

No comments:

Post a Comment