Thursday, July 12, 2012

Grocery Deals at Drugstores


One of my goals for the next month is to post each day of July about a List of 10 dealing with a personal finance or money saving idea topic.

In recent many retailers have been adding grocery items to their stores.  I have been buying more and more grocery items at area drugstores.  Walgreens and CVS has been having deals on grocery items.  By purchasing these items at CVS I can use Extra Care Bucks I have earned and it also adds to my quarterly spending.  If you have an Extra Care Card you can earn 2% of your spending quarterly to use on future purchases.  I recently earned $23.50 for the quarter to use on future purchases. 

Many times, the coupon inserts in the Sunday newspaper corresponds with items on sale at these stores.

Each week, Erin Chase from $5 Dinners puts together a list of deals on grocery items available at major drugstores.

Following are 10 of the grocery items I have purchased at Walgreens or CVS over the past few months.

1)      Flour

2)      Sugar

3)      Milk

4)      Pasta sauce

5)      Vegetable oil

6)      Honey

7)      Peanut Butter

8)      Ketchup

9)      Miracle Whip

10)  Eggs


Click here for previous posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment