One of my goals for the next month is to post each day of July about a List of 10 dealing with a personal finance or money saving idea topic.
Yesterday, I discussed things you can find at Dollar stores, today I will list some things you can find at thrift stores.
When you hear the word thrift store or second hand store, the first thing you probably think of is used clothes. Most thrift stores have many more things than just clothes.
Here are 10 things you may be able to find at thrift stores. Part of the fun of thrift store shopping is discovering what surprises you can find.
2) Frames and mirrors
3) Home décor (I have found items such as Mikasa candle holders and Partylite items still new in the box for only a few dollars each)
4) Kitchen gadgets (it is a great way to try out items for less than paying retail price for them) The last time I was in one store there were at least 10 bread machines for about $10 to $15 each and they looked brand new.
5) Kitchen items – especially for stocking a college apartment. Also, items that you will not use a lot. I purchased my angel food cake pan and bundt cake pan at thrift stores several years ago.
6) Party supplies – if you need serving bowls, trays and other items.
7) Glass ware and silverware – you can usually find glasses and silverware for very little if you need to replace broken and lost pieces.
8) Fabric and craft supplies
9) Toys and games
10) Clothing and shoes – Some retailers donate brand new items to thrift stores
Here are some ideas I found online to use items you may find at a thrift store.
Some stores run bag sales where you can fill a bag of clothing for a certain price. The Fargo/Moorhead area Dakota Boys Ranch stores and holding bag sales in the upcoming weeks.
Click here for previous posts.